3.12.2012

The Big Decisions... Like Which Haircut?

I've been growing my hair out for a year. I've been dreaming of cute ponytails, fishtail braids and beachy waves.

Jennifer Aniston ponytail
Kim Kardashian fishtail


Jessica Biel beachy waves

I've come pretty far in a year...

From this...
To this.

This is the longest my hair has been since I originally chopped it in 2005. Here is a flashback for you. And don't judge me... I was 17 in these pictures.


But I'm over it. I think. I consider cutting it at least once a month. It would take years for my hair to be as long as the first photos I posted of Jen, KK and Jessica Biel. And to be honest, I don't think long hair is worth the boring, flat-to-my-head, mundane, nothing-special longer hair that's in between. Maybe I'm meant to be a short-haired girl. I asked Austin last night which way he prefers my hair. He answered, "bob".

So...

Do I let it grow and hope for something like this in 3 years?

Kaley Cuoco

Do I leave it be and add some bangs/fringe?

Reese Witherspoon

OR do I chop it again??

Jenny McCarthy
Jenny McCarthy 2


bits of splendor monday


9 comments:

  1. OOOOO! I'm a sucker for short hair! CHOP IT! I love the Brooklyn Decker look! Or that Jenny bob! DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont get to see much ppl rockin a bob and doin justice but u look fab with a bob.i know every girl always wants a new look but the bob fits u perfect and either way thats the way i want to remember u....lol..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair looks great short! Some people (myself included) can't pull that off so go for it girl!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh such a hard decision! i just chopped mine off and i am pining for my long hair again so i would say don't cut it! haha but sometimes you just need a change ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, you have THE CUTEST short cut! It looks amazing.

      Delete
  5. I can so relate. I think you either have to find a cut you love for that in between phase, or just chop it. I kind of lean toward chopping it for you because you looks super cute with short hair. I always think short hair is fun and different. I love mine short but this is the first time in years I'm determined to just let it grow. I finally found a hair girl I love that is keeping it cute while I grow it out. Anyway I say cut it. I love that Brooklyn Decker cut, not too too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about having to find a cut I love for the in between. I'm too bi-polar about long vs short right now to cut it off and then regret it. Especially with summer coming up I'm going to need my ponytail! So I think I want a cut I can style like this...

      http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/celebrities/438004/cheryl-goes-short

      http://www.justjaredjr.com/2011/12/18/ashley-benson-birthday-hair-cut/

      Who knows... I change my mind every day. hahaha ;)

      Delete
  6. I am in the exact same predicament. I have let mine grow for over 2 years now , but honestly I only like it when it's up or I have a hat on. Plus everyone that knows me wants in short again. Including my hubby. I hand never been one to care what others wanted . Anyway appointment at 7:tomorrow.. going for a above the chin Bob!! Cant wait to feel trendy again!

    ReplyDelete